- Handbooks for Daoist Practice (Yuen Yuen Institute, 2008). Translation series of practice-based Daoist texts. Ten booklets plus slipcase (498 pages). For students and practitioners. This is a foundational text for practitioners associated with the Doiast Foundation. (Currently Unavailable)
- The Way of Complete Perfection: A Quanzhen Daoist Anthology (State University of New York Press, 2013). An anthology of English translations of primary Quanzhen (Complete Perfection) Daoist literature.
- The Daoist Tradition: An Introduction (Bloomsbury Academic, 2013). An integrated and comprehensive introduction to Daoism as an indigenous Chinese and now global religious tradition.
- Contemplative Literature: A Comparative Sourcebook on Meditation and Contemplative Prayer (State University of New York Press, 2015). An anthology of primary texts on meditation and contemplative prayer from a wide range of religious traditions.
- Taming The Wild Horse: An Annotated Translation and Study of the Daoist Horse Taming Pictures (Columbia University Press, 2017). An annotated translation and study of the thirteenth-century Daoist Horse Taming Pictures, which consist of twelve illustrated poems about stages on the Daoist contemplative path. The book discusses Daoist meditation practice in detail and includes a contemplative commentary.